Did you know…
- 1954 was the first year the automatic transmission was available in all Chevrolet models.
- 1954 was the last year for the exclusive use of the 6 cylinder engine, and the last year for 6 volt electrical systems in Chevrolets.
- The 1954 grill teeth are the number one choice of street rodders to customize their grill. ‘54 Chev grill teeth are found in a lot of customized… Mercurys!
- 1954 was the first year for power brakes, power seats and power windows.
- 1954 was the first year that a coupe body style was not available. Business Coupes were a 2 door Sedan without a back seat.
- The 1954 Townsman Wagon was the last Chevrolet Station Wagon to use the imitation wood decor until the 1966 Caprice came along.
- Calendar year sales for the 1954 Chevrolet totaled 1,414,352.