The 2018 Great Race will officially commence on Saturday morning, June 23, in Buffalo. Once teams have taken the green flag, they begin their 2,200-plus mile journey, which will take them to 16 cities. Continue reading “The Official 2018 Great Race Route”
Did you know…
- 1954 was the first year the automatic transmission was available in all Chevrolet models.
- 1954 was the last year for the exclusive use of the 6 cylinder engine, and the last year for 6 volt electrical systems in Chevrolets.
- The 1954 grill teeth are the number one choice of street rodders to customize their grill. ‘54 Chev grill teeth are found in a lot of customized… Mercurys!
- 1954 was the first year for power brakes, power seats and power windows.
- 1954 was the first year that a coupe body style was not available. Business Coupes were a 2 door Sedan without a back seat.
- The 1954 Townsman Wagon was the last Chevrolet Station Wagon to use the imitation wood decor until the 1966 Caprice came along.
- Calendar year sales for the 1954 Chevrolet totaled 1,414,352.
This is a picture of our car Number 76, we have entered to run in the race from Buffalo, New York to Halifax, Nova Scotia.
1954 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible
235 CI, Automatic